Thank you for visiting our site.
Hilton Macarons is committed to respecting and protecting our customers' privacy and we will never sell your details to any third party.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with U.K. legislation, such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications 2003 (as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) grants you rights relating to your data, this includes your rights to:
- request access to, deletion of, or correction of, your personal data held by us
- complain to a supervisory authority
- be informed of what data processing is taking place
- restrict processing of your data
- data portability
- object to processing of your personal data
- to determine automated decision-making and profiling (however this does not occur with our services)
Our website, hiltonmacarons.co.uk is owned and operated by us and Hilton Macarons operates as a trading name of Love a Taste Ltd, a Limited Liability Company registered in England.
Data we collect
When you purchase something from Hilton Macarons, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect personal information from you.
Some data will be collected automatically by our website (such as cookies), other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to us using it for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may collect some or all of the following data:
- Your name
- Business or Company name
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Contact information such as address, emails and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Information relating to how you access our site, including IP address, browser type, PC operating system, your activity on our site
How we use your data
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with GDPR, and we use your data to provide the best possible user experience to you, including:
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our website
- Supplying our products and services to you
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email communications that you have subscribed to. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our email
- Market research and analysing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience.
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the products and services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive.
Under the GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How and where we store your data
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. We conduct periodic reviews to ascertain whether we need to keep your data, and your data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our website and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between ourselves and any third parties we engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. The type of steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
- use of unique passwords
- properly configured firewalls
- user access control
- regular software updates
- timely decommissioning and secure wiping of old software and hardware
- real-time protection anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spyware software
- regular data backups
- two-factor authentication where possible.
It is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
How we may share your data
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. To obtain a list of third party providers we currently contract with, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘third party providers’.
We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information through tools such as Google Analytics. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
Change of control
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not, however, be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
Right to withhold and withdraw information
You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data, such as when processing an order.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time by contacting us (see below) and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
Accessing your data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
In common with most websites we use "cookies", which are small snippets of text that are stored on your computer. Our website may place and access certain first party cookies on your computer or device.
First party cookies are those placed directly by us and are used only by us. We use these cookies to facilitate and improve your experience of our website and to provide and improve our products and services. These cookies are considered strictly necessary and are used to:
- remember items in a shopping basket
- provide essential security measures
- quickly load and distribute content
By using our website you may also receive certain third party cookies on your device. Third party cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We use third party cookies on our website for services such as email automation, and customer order management.
Changes to this policy